|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Dirk van der Borg (CDA)|
|• Total||14.01 km2 (5.41 sq mi)|
|• Land||12.84 km2 (4.96 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.17 km2 (0.45 sq mi)|
|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|• Density||1,994/km2 (5,160/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Sliedrecht (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈslidrɛxt] ⓘ) is a town and municipality in the western Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. The municipality covers an area of 14.01 km2 (5.41 sq mi) of which 1.17 km2 (0.45 sq mi) is covered by water.
Sliedrecht is known for the many large dredging companies (including Boskalis and IHC Merwede) that come from it. The Dredging Festival takes place in Sliedrecht every two years. The first IKEA store in the Netherlands opened in Sliedrecht in 1978, but it closed in 2006. Sliedrecht is also the site of the Nationaal Baggermuseum (National Dredging Museum) - featuring dredging and salvage.
Dutch topographic map of the municipality of Sliedrecht, June 2015
Waterbus route 2:
- Dordrecht Merwekade - Dordrecht Hooikade - Zwijndrecht Veerplein - Papendrecht Veerdam - Papendrecht Oosteind - Hollandse Biesbosch - Sliedrecht Middeldiep
- Jan Rudolph Slotemaker de Bruïne (1869–1941) was a Dutch politician and theologian
- Wina Born (1920–2001) was a Dutch journalist and writer of cooking books
- Aad Nuis (1933–2007) was a Dutch politician and political scientist
- Bas van der Vlies (1942–2021) was a retired Dutch politician and teacher
- Jorien van den Herik (born 1943) is a Dutch business man, Chairman of Feyenoord Rotterdam 1992/2006
- Joop Hartog (born 1946) is a Dutch labour economist and academic
- Henri Wijnoldy-Daniëls (1889–1932) was a Dutch fencer, team bronze medallist at the 1920 and 1924 Summer Olympics
- Johan de Kock (born 1964) is a former Dutch football central defender with 449 club caps
- Daniël Mensch (born 1978) is a Dutch rower, team silver medallist at the 2004 Summer Olympics
Gereformeerde kerk Sliedrecht
Sliedrecht aan de Beneden Merwede
- "Bram van Hemmen" (in Dutch). Gemeente Sliedrecht. Archived from the original on 8 September 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 3361HE". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2021. Retrieved 2 January 2022.